I like salads that are filling and keep me satisfied for a long time. I prefer my lunch to be the bigger meal of the day and this salad hits the spot! The key for this bowl is to choose ingredients that are dense and nutritious like avocados!
It's basically a huge salad bowl with the base being dark leafy greens, topped with a protein, a carbohydrate, and a healthy fat. It's the perfect meal in bowl, and completely nourishing when you are choosing your toppings wisely.
- 2 cups romaine, roughly chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 4-5 roasted brussels sprouts (from batch cooking day)
- 1 roasted sweet potato
- ½ cup carrots, shredded or diced
- ¼ cup cucumber, sliced thinly
- ¼ of an avocado
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons hummus (of your choice)
- fresh squeezed lemon
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- dash of kelp granules
- dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Start by filling a large salad bowl with the dark leafy greens.
- Next, top with all the remaining vegetables, sweet potatoes, and hemp seeds; piling them in their own "spot" in the bowl (as pictured).
- You can arrange each ingredient in a pile and then wait to stir everything together, or you can simply top the dark leafy greens with all the remaining ingredients at the same time and stir thoroughly.
- The nutritional yeast + the hummus + the apple cider vinegar makes for a thick and creamy dressing on it's own.
- Serve and enjoy